Monday, October 08, 2007

Fall/Winter

I was going through the mail from Saturday and came across some L.L. Bean and Land's End catalogs. They are filled with warm wooly winter and fall goodness. Unfortunately, these things are totally inappropriate for the 90 degree heat that we've been having in Mississippi lately. I think the thing that I miss the most about the north, besides the family, is the cool weather. I am a cool weather person at heart and love the fall and winter. That seems to be lacking down here. I'm planning a trip to visit Becky in March, so I might get to see some snow then. In the meantime, I need to prevent myself from ordering that lovely bright pink jacket with matching boots and polar-fleece vest. I can't see much in the negative degree temps happening here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After many many years in the south, I still miss cooler weather. I can still feel and smell it. Miss it too,