Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm one of those people that prefer natural fibers. I'm not a huge mohair or cotton fan.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have several Lantern Moon cases that I store my straights in. My circulars are in one of those huge accordion folders (each size has it's own slot). My DPNs are in a smaller accordion folder. I have a lot of needles, so this helps to keep me organized

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been a hard core knitter for a little of five years now. I first learned from my mom when I was 8. She's a lefty and learned how to knit by starting on socks, so that is what she started me with. I never made it to the heel. I picked knitting back up when I got my wisdom teeth taken out during my college years. I've been going strong ever since. I would classify myself as an intermediate. I knit a lot of socks and have knit sweaters.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup. Email me and i'll tell you how to get to it.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like lilac, lavender, honeysuckle, and apple

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a huge sweet tooth. I like everything but dark and white chocolate. I love to try new candies from different places

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm just a plain old knitter.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love musicals, old school rock (The Eagles are my favorite), alternative like Barenaked Ladies, and country music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'm a cool color person (although I love red...must be the Aries in me). I dislike orange and yellow in clothing. I'm not a huge brown fan, either.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single with a cat and a dog

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all of the above except ponchos. I'm more of a shawl person.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, mittens, hats, scarves, bags, and shawls. You can look at my Flickr to see everything that I've knit recently

13. What are you knitting right now?
I have 6 socks on needles right now. I also have a mystery shawl and My So Called Scarf

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love to receive homemade gifts. I'm envious of people who can make those really cute crochet toys

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I'm a circ and dpn kind of girl for anything but scarves. I prefer wood needles with good joins (like lantern moon) or Addis in metal

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yup

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I try to rip them out after a year...I have a few things that are ready to rip out now

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas...I love snow

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Pirate stuff, yarn, knitting patterns, books, PGH Steelers stuff

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
You can look at my amazon list for knitting books. I have subscriptions to Interweave and Vogue I'm dying to get my hands on more Woolmeise sock yarn and some darn pretty needles.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Entreloc and modular knitting are next up on my list of stuff to learn

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
My feet are 9 inches around and a little over 10 inches long

23. When is your birthday?
3/30

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
LaLa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unrelated:
http://www.aswellyarnshop.com/cart/product.php?productid=16672&cat=372&page=1

btw, their sockclub has a few spots left. it's only 100 clams.
Have you tried their yarns?

Heather said...

Hurray! you didnt send any info on how to contact you!
i love them. danced in them friday night. i just fell into my house from a long weekend.

i haven't posted pictures yet!