Thursday, June 07, 2007

Road Trip

In case you missed the memo, I went "home" to PGH this past weekend. On the way I worked on Emily's (my future sister-in-law's) Buckeye socks. Here they are at a rest stop in Ohio (you should have seen the looks I was getting from the Muggles). I figured an Ohio State fan needed some pictures of her socks in the state of Ohio (Also the yarn, Cider Moon, is made in Ohio so I guess the socks had their own homecoming in a way)
I found two new favorite yarn stores on the trip. One is Yarn Haus in Nashville, TN (they sell Nature's Palette Sock Yarn!) and the other is Bloomin' Yarn in McMurray, PA. A great deal of money was spent and sock knitting techniques were discussed at both places (plus at the Canonsburg store and the one outside of Louisville \, KY). I'll post some picks of the finished Buckeyes, tomorrow. In the meantime, here's Becky with Lizzie.

No comments: