Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Bear in Drag


I've been trying to use up stash yarn to try out some of the patterns I've bought over the years. It's amazing how many binders of knitting patterns one can collect. This pattern is a more recent addition, but the yarn has been in the stash a few months (It was originally going to be a diaper cover). Here's all the specifics:
Yarn: 1 skein Cascade 220 Quatro in Orange.
Pattern: Knitting Pure and Simple. I bought it a Jimmy Beans but you can see it here
Needles: 16 inch circs in size 6 and 8 (although I might go up to a 24 inch circ. in the size 8 if I knit this pattern again.
Mods: Pattern was knit as written except I made the bottom edging in rib (it was still knit on size 6s)
Notes: When I knit this pattern again, I will add button holes on the straps and use buttons to attach the straps. I might also do a picot edging at the hem. This dress seems to be a bit small (I knit the 1 year old size, but I'm thinking it might fit more of the 6 month year old), so I might cast on a larger size. What I really love about this is that it used just under 1 skein of yarn and was a very quick knit. I see this being a staple for little girl baby showers and just change up the yarn to make each one unique.

No comments: