Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Baby Love




Here's to a great Valentines Day for all! I finished some baby booties and hat for one of my coworkers. I kinda feel bad, like I've cursed the baby to be late (she's over due by a week or so) by not getting these knit faster. Here's a super close up psychedelic shot. And then the far back shot as well (so you can actually tell what this is).

The Specs: Morehouse Original Kit "Baby Hat and Booties." The kit was purchases at MS&WF last year (I think I cleaned out their booth, I bought so many of their kits) for around $15.00.
It took around five hours to finish the booties and the hat. I changed the pattern of the hat a wee bit (crown shaping and i-cord top) and used i-cord for bootee ties rather than a braid or crochet chain. Over all, a super-simple and pleasant pattern and yarn to work with. The only thing I didn't like was the number of twigs I had to pick out of the yarn (It really was just shorn off the sheep at the farm).

No comments: