Monday, November 27, 2006

Why I Hate Customs



So on the 13th of November, I got an email from Michelle saying that my yarn and other goodies had shipped. It arrived today. I have to admit after day 10 I was getting a bit worried. I even went on the Canadian post website in hopes of tracking the package. No such luck.

Then there was a post on the Sweet Sheep Sock Club blog about customs. Apparently, I had forgotten that Canada is indeed another country and item bought there must go through customs. I was still a bit worried though. Luckily, everything arrived today. What is everything you may ask...Well.... I got three skeins of sock yarn. Two of which (Fall Leaves and Suzanne see bottom of photo) are Mama E's. I like the feel of the sock yarn we got through the club so much I had to buy more. I also got (see the larger skein at the top of the photo) a Sweet Georgia yarn called Jet Set.

On Sunday I had "soaked" all my socks with a packet of Aqua Soak. Luckily for me I had also ordered some soak in "a scent for celebration." This scent is super yummy and reminds me a bit of cranberries. I can't wait to try it out. Just in case you were wondering I got all this great stuff from Michelle (who always writes a nice card in all my packages) here. Now if only I had all the time in the world to knit socks.

No comments: