Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hogwarts Socks


They've been shipped and are currently on their way to Canada. Here's the specifics:

Yarn: Cosmic Fibers in the Hufflepuff Second Year Colorway.
I wasn't real happy with the yarn. The yardage was in the 300s (380 I think, I send the tag to my pal), which made it impossible for me to make the socks I really wanted to make for my pal (I tried Mermaids, they looked funky and were going to run out of yarn and I tried monkeys and ran out of yarn). This was just one of those yarns were I couldn't get it to do what I wanted and that slowed down the whole process. We've all had cursed yarn and will all have cursed yarn in the future. It's just a fact of knitting.

Pattern: Just a simple plain jane sock.

Needles: Size 1 Ponies.

Other Notes: I'm really happy I participated in this swap. Even though the yarn gave me a bit of trouble, it was well worth the extra effort. I think that the socks came out well and I hope my pal likes them as well (I think that;s really the worst part. I really want my pal to like her socks and the other stuff as well). This was my first swap and I'm planning on signing up for round 2.

Now I have some Tofutsies calling my name. Must resist the yarn. Although it is too hot to be knitting wool...And I do need another simple sock project for my waiting sock.

1 comment:

Beck said...

I just did the Breeze pattern from the current summer Knitty in Tofutsies I'm posting pics on flickr later this week. I haven't had a chance to wear them yet but I plan on it tomorrow.

I'm still not sure about that pattern but I'll let you know how they wash if ya want.