Monday, July 16, 2007

Gift Knitting




Here's the slanty scarf that is going to PGH as a belated graduation present and a baby hat that is going into the stash for some future emergency gift giving.

Specs on the Slanty Scarf:
Yarn: La Boheme by Fiesta Yarns in Burnished Red (#11094)
Pattern: CO 15 stitches. R1: K into F & B, K across until 2 sts remain, k2tog. R2: K all sts. Repeat these two rows until you run out of yarn or the scarf is as long as you want it (I'm 6 ft. and it came to below my knees using 1 full skein).
Needles: Size 10.5 Clovers
Notes: A super easy pattern that looks a lot cooler than just a garter stitch scarf. I completed the scarf in just the span of 2 movies (Muppets from Space and Labrinth, I was on a Henson kick this weekend).

Hat is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

In other news, I cast on a new sock as I watched the 2nd HP movies this afternoon. Then I ripped the sock out. My size 10 feet and the Knitting on the Road patterns do not work well together without some major tweaking (I went up from the size 0 needles suggested to a size 1.5 and they were still only 8 inches wide). I think I'll start on my Sockapalooza socks, instead. My pal has much smaller feet than me, so I should be able to use a "normal" pattern without tweaking it so much. I also worked on the Pink Elephant this afternoon and then put him back into timeout. I'm horrible with sewing and now he looks more like a rabbit than an Elephant. The pattern I'm using is the Knitting at Knoon pattern with all the stuffed animals (Lions, and zebras, and giraffes, oh my). It's called Safari friends and I might go look it up on Raverly to see what other people have done with it. That's all for today, I'll ttyl.

No comments: