Monday, July 16, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Swap 2

I've been all worried because I hadn't gotten any info about the second Hogwarts Sock Swap. Rebecca had made a post saying that she had found a bunch of emails in her SPAM filter. That got me thinking... I checked my SPAM box and guess what I found. It's been sitting there for 4 days. I wonder what else I've missed...

Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

Second Years

What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Ravenclaw

Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference? I wear a US Woman's size 10. My feet are around 10 inches around and 11 inches long(that's with some wiggle room, I love wiggle room)

List your three favorite sock yarns.
a. Yarn Pirate (I don't have Rosie, Pretty Pirate, or Magnolia yet)

b. STR (You can check my flickr account for most of what I have. Most everything is lightweight)

c.Fleece Artist
I also enjoy Lorna's Laces, White Oak Studio, and most everything that the Loopy Ewe sells. Maybe it would be easier to ask what sock yarn I don't like :)

Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand?
I've been wanting to try some of the German handyers (Woolarina and Tausendschoen). But I totally understand that that is beyond most peoples reach. I'm always up for a new yarn that is unique to the area that you live in. I really like Indie Dyers.

Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
I love varigated for most socks but I am learning to love solids as well. I prefer a semi-solid to a flat 1 dimensional color.

What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
I'm open to almost anything that's varigated. I like saturated color. The only thing that I might dislike would be a solid yellow or orange(but I do like them in some variegated form).

What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
I'm a cables and lace kind of girl although ribbed is good too. I have most of the Cookie patterns.

Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.)
Nope

Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
They will be exposed to my Border Collie and Cat

Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
Yup
There is still time to sign up (Becky, I'm talking to you!). Just go to http://hogwarts-sock-swap-two.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already signed up and everything so there. I just need to measure my foot. yeeeesshhh~