Thursday, January 04, 2007

You Know You're a Knitter When....

In my real life, I'm a librarian in a middle school. I was in charge of the spelling bee this year at my school. I can't spell worth beans, so I was the word caller. I also had to give definitions and example sentences. The fact that I knit too much became apparent to me when one of the spellers asked for a sentence using the word "graft." Being the person that I am, I didn't hesitate to give the following sample sentence : "Before I am finished knitting a pair of socks, I must graft the toe stitches closed." The speller decided to ask for the definition instead of figuring that one out. Oops.
In real knitting news, I finished Nikki's Irish Hiking Scarf without stressing out about it to much. I'll try to remember to download the pictures off my camera and blog about the project tomorrow.

No comments: