Saturday, January 13, 2007

Re-Re Socks






Last Friday I got some yarn from Sheri over at the Loopy Ewe (One of my favorite places to shop for sock yarn). It was Fleece Artist Sock Yarn in the color Nova. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to my socks matching. I'm a fraternal twin vs. identical twin person. What I got was more like second cousins. It's been rainy here over the last couple days, so the pictures aren't that great, but here

are my Re-Re socks. One is black with lots of color and the other is gray. I was a bit disappointed. I loved the yarn itself but the drastic difference in color did not make me want to buy more of this yarn. After thinking about it long and hard, I decided to email Sheri and see what her opinion was and if she had had this happen to her before. I was amazed at the quick and friendly response I got from her. Within 8 minutes she had emailed me back and emailed Kathryn at Fleece Artist. To make a long story short, Fleece Artist is sending me a new skein of yarn (They recommend dividing your hank into two separate balls and using the knit every other row approach to blend the two different looks that can occur with hand-dying). I'm excited to be trying their yarn again and grateful to Sheri for her super fast and friendly customer service. You can bet that she'll be receiving a good bit of my sock yarn allowance.

Mom has claimed the Re-Re socks for herself since I "have never knit her a pair of socks" and she can wear them with her motorcycle boots (Keep in mind that this is the woman who started me knitting when I was 8 and my first project was socks).

In other knitting news, I've cast on a pair of socks out of Collinette's new sock yarn called Jitterbug. I had finished a Monkey sock out of this over break, then weighed the sock and discovered I did not have enough for a second sock. The first sock was promptly ripped out and I'm going to make some short Stockinette socks with a twisted 1x1 rib edge. I'm off on Monday so I'm hoping to have the Jitterbugs and Becky's STR done by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your socks are very nice but I wouldn't be totally happy with cousin socks either. Sherry is AWESOME to work with and I pretty much buy all my online yarn from her now.

Hope your third sock matches one of the cousins.