Sunday, September 03, 2006



This is one of the Snuggly Fair Isle sweaters I'm knitting for a teacher at school (she's having twins). It never seems to fail that I'm behind on presents of various sorts, so I decided to start this project early. The babies are due in November so it seems like I have plenty of time. Of course, by starting on the twins early enough to finish, I've been neglecting other more tardy presents, including an afghan for a wedding. It's around halfway done and because it's already late, it might get postponed to even later. Sorry Allie. The twins sweater was a fast knit though, it took less than a week, so I might have time to finish all. In other news, two of my best friends are coming down for a visit and they are also due some tardy presents. For the one, I got that cool new scented yarn called Lang Emotion http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/Lang_Yarn-Emotion_Color_Yarn-2463.html in the Gingseng scent. I'm thinking of making an eyemask for her (I'm also having a spa party that weekend). The other, Jenny is already a knitter. I'm going to take her to the yarn stores in town and see what catches her fancy. Unfortunatly, she's on tour (she works for Sesame Street Live) and has a 40 pound lugage restriction on her bagage. I'm thinking about teaching her how to knit socks. I owe her big time because she's bringing me back Kinder Eggs http://www.kindersurprise.com/home.html which they sell in Costa Rica. Odd since they're made in Germany, but they are my favorite thing ever, so I'm super excited.

No comments: