Sunday, May 27, 2007
Yarn-Bunny Hop (The colorway tag has been misplaced).
Pattern- Just a basic rolled brim baby hat, no pattern really required.
Needles-Size 4 because that was what I could find at the time. I really like working this yarn on 8s, but really you could be okay with anything in between those two numbers.
Yarn- Sugar and Creme of whatever colors they sell at my local Walmart
Pattern-Mason Dixon Bib of Love
Needles- Size 6
Changes in the Pattern- I forgot to put a button hole in the second bib so that one will be a Velcro closure (which I think mom might like more anyway).
Look for part three later today/tomorrow. Andersen is coming over and we're having a movie night. So while I'll get lots of knitting done, it might not get posted until tomorrow (especially if Sangria is involved). Have a great Sunday all!
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Pattern- Children's Cotton Hats from "Last-Minute Knitted Gifts"
The Yarn- Bunny Hop (I love this yarn for Baby Stuff) in the Fruit Salad colorway.
Needle Size- Size 8 circulars, 12 inches long.
Modifications- I cast on 70 stitches instead of the 60 called for in the infant size.
Pattern- Made up the pattern as I went along. I cast on 40 stitches and worked in 2x2 rib for 2 inches. Knit the heel flap until it was a square. Turned the heel (left 9 stitches on each side for short rowing). Worked the gusset as usual. Total length of the foot before the toe=3.5 inches. Worked the toe down to 6 stitches on each needle and kitchner off.
The Yarn-Panda Cotton in the Fruit Salad colorway (This is a splitty yarn, I would be careful using it for a patterned (such as lacey) sock.
Needle Size: Size 1 DPNs (Brittany Shorts)
Amount of yarn left over- 25 grams of a 50 gram ball (I'll have enough to knit up a second pair).
Look for Part Two tomorrow. I'm almost done with the second of the baby projects...
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Swartz'sBaby Shower Present. I'm really late on this one and am hoping to finish off the last baby sock at put a button on the bib tonight.
- Mayfield's Baby Shower Present: Again, on the late side (at least her baby hasn't been born yet). Purple baby pants to finish and a matching hat. I might also give her some baby socks, it all depends on time.
- MC's Socks. I'm throwing her a Wedding Shower the day after Memorial Day and would like to have these done by then. I'm thinking some STR in the Monkey pattern, but I may change my mind. I know I can do that pattern quickly, though.
Chism'sBaby Shower Gift. The day after MC's shower. What the heck have I gotten myself into? But she's my mentee and I can't let her down. I'll prob. make a fruit hat out of some of the Cashvero that Kathy sells and some socks out of some leftovers I have.
- Emily's Buckeye Socks. I want to get these done by her Wedding shower on the first Saturday of May. I have the whole car ride to PGH to work on them. Plus they're in Glacier by Cider Moon, so it should be a quick knit.
- Cable Headbands for a class I am going to teach someday (I might work on those this Thursday at Knit Night).
- Socks for my Hogwarts Pal. They have to go out at the end of June.
- Sockapalooza Socks. These I won't have to worry about until July. I'm thinking about something out of some LL denim.
- The tank top kit that is the prize of this contest (If I win) I think it helps to think positive!
If you do decide to enter the contest, please tell Ali that you linked from here. Thanks!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
For all you knitting folks, the yarn is Jitterbug (I can't recall the name, but make sure you wash it out really well. I had some DARK blue water). I knit these on size 2 dpns. They're just my basic sock pattern.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
He also can't understand why we would want to cover up all his hair!Total # of stash skeins gotten rid of: 5
Sunday, May 06, 2007
The best part about this is that it only needed 2 skeins of Cascade 220 to complete it (Kathy, I had less than a yard left when I finished the handles, mine were only around an inch wide). Now that the bag is felted and dry, I have to fill it with goodies and take it off to Julie's 4th birthday party. I'll take pictures. Got to run!!!!!!