Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Land of the Books




I've been super busy for the past couple of weeks with work stuff because I decided to have a book fair. Book fairs are not fun. They involve a ton of work for very little money. My students love them, though. Even if all I sell is a few books and a plethera of junk (have you seen the amount of junk?), it makes me feel like my students are interested in junk books. Anyway, very little knitting is getting done because of the book fair. I just wanted to show you what's been keeping me so busy and at school from 6:30 in the morning until 7 at night.
On a positive knitting note: I formed a Knitting Pure and Simple group on Raverly and everyone should join it. Really, go join it now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that I can't buy the patterns for Pure & Simple online though! I'm going through Little Rock tomorrow, and one of the yarn shops there sells them. I'll probably pick some up then. Definitely the girl bolero pattern that you were knitting last weekend and probably the boy vest one too.

(Leslie. Not signed in)

Donna said...

Those bookfairs are alot of work! I volunteered to help at my kids school, and there is ALOT of junk as well, and that is what the kids want. I always made them pick at least one book. Parents run the whole thing at our school. It stinks that you have to do it in addition to your job. You deserve a Starbucks ;)

Beck said...

Those carts look really well designed. How were they to set up and such?