Sunday, December 16, 2007
Button, Button, Who's Got a Button?
The baby bolero from Mayfield's baby girl is almost done. It's just lacking the buttons. Here's a recap:
Pattern: Child's Neck-Down Bolero by Knitting Pure and SImple
Needles: SIze 8 circulars and DPNs
Yarn: 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash
Notes: Not so found of picking up stitches, but love that the only thing that needs sewn is the buttons. I LOVE the Cascade 220 Superwash. It really softens up after being thrown in the washer (Yes, I threw this in the washer on cold, deleciate cycle). I let it air dry because I'm not that brave. Great written pattern + great yarn= fantastic sweater. I would make this again, but not right before Christmas. I have enough stress as it is.
Speaking of Christmas Knitting, if you are anyone I might be making a present for. STOP READING THIS NOW
No really, Becky. I mean both you and Trick.
Are we ready?
Here's the list of stuff I still need to knit. I'm warning you, it's very scary.
1. A bag for Nikki. I'm currently thinking this one
2. A toy snake and mouse for Trick. If you haven't been here, you need to go. It's awesome.
3. The reindeer from the same site for Becky. I've seen them done out of leftover bits of sock yarn and have fallen in love.
4. Fetching for Ray with a matching Calorimetry (I would link, but that's taking up valuable knitting time)
5. Mittens for Julie and Mister (Luckily, they have small hands)
6. Socks for Grandma
7. A lace scarf for Trotter out of the Camelspun I got in PGH.
8. Fingerless gloves for the woman who sells me my Desoto Appeal everyday to take to school. She's very sweet.
I think that's it. It's only 1 project everyday to be done. I'm off of school starting on Thursday. It can be done, right?