Monday, December 31, 2007

2008 Knitting Goals

Goal Number One: Get all the yarn I own to fit into the 16 clear plastic bins that I have. That means knitting from the stash, alot.

Goal Number Two: Complete the following 30 projects so that I have room in the stash (I think I have the yarn for all of them and I do have all of the patterns)
1. Clapotis
2. Pea Pod Baby Set From Interweave (because you know someone I know will be having a baby). I have enough of Knitpicks Shine to knit 1 set for a boy.
3. Cinder's Fairy Godmother Scarf. I have the beads and the lace-weight yarn. Now all I need to do is knit it.
4. Simple Shawl from KnitspotI have enough Alpaca to knit it.
5.Cherry Blossom Socks by Silvia Harding. I'm thinking about using some Yarn Pirate for that.
6. Ms. Marigold by Sarah and Rachel of Zephrstyle. I have enough Berroco Pleasure to work it up if it gets gauge.
7. Kathy's Fingerless Gloves. I don't have the yarn for this one, but have asked Melissa from Stash to get it for me.
8. Red Light Special by BrooklynTweed. I have enough Dale Baby Ull to knit this. I would just need to figure out what to line it with.
9. Wavy . I have enough Cascade 220 for this.
10.Penllyn Socks by Lisa Parker for Wildhorse Farm Designs. I seen a bunch of these knit up and they are very pretty. I have the materials to make a bunch.
11. Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap. I have enough sock yarn to make these and baby socks to match for quite a few expectant mothers.
12. Branching Out. I have the Silky Wool to make a bunch of these
13. Dashing. The plan for my father for his birthday for next year. I have a tweed Alpaca that looks like it would work perfectly.
14. Endpaper Mitts. I have the Louet Gems for this.
15. Vog On. They seem like the perfect Summer Socks.
16. Shifting Sands Scarf. It seems like it would be perfect in some hand-dyed sport Weight that I have.
17. Hearts. How can you resist these guys for Valentines day? Perfect for using up little scraps of leftover yarn.
18. Mountain Peaks Shawl. Perfect for using up some of my laceweight.
19. Marina Piccola. I have the perfect yarn for this thanks to my Holiday Swap partner, a lovey lightweight STR.
20. My So Called Scarf. I have the perfect yarn for this, 2 skeins of Malibrigu in a varigated colorway.
21. Koolhaas Hat. Perfect for the Alpaca from Shibu that I got last week in Little Rock.
22. Sheep and Wool Hat. Because it's cute and I have enough Cascade 220 to knit a house cozy.
23. Falling Water Scarf. It's beautiful and uses a pair of socks worth of fingering-weight yarn. Need I say more?
24. Retro Wedge Felted Bag. Super Cute and uses Cascade 220.
25. Summer Cardigan by Knitting Pure and SImple. I'm thinking of making it out of some of the Noro Lily that is in the stash.
26. Secret of the Stole II. This is a yahoo group mystery stole knitalong that begins in mid-January. I'll be using some of the green lace-weight in my stash. More info can be found on the Nautical Knitter's blog.
27. Bell Hat by Pickupsticks. Perfect to use up more Cascade 220.
28. Titania's Revenge. I want to make these before the Loopy Retreat in April and wear them there.
29. Central Air Socks. Because I have too big of an STR stash and I love this pattern.
30. All the STR club kits from this year that I never got a chance to make.

Goal 3: Knit a pair of simple plain-jane socks every month.
Goal 4: Photograph the stash and get it all into Ravelry (I'm starting this today).

That's about it (although it seems like a ton) for my goals for 2008. What are some of yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like almost all of these. I don't see the argyle vest on there!!!!

(Leslie, not signed in)

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. That should keep you busy all year and that doesn't include all the new things you will want to knit. LOL

Arctic Knitter said...

Great list! That's my plan today - to make my 2008 Knit List. Happy New Year! :0)