Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rip Back

I just had the most heart stopping experience of my knitting career. I'm currently knitting my first "real" test knit for someone. I want it to be perfect. Well, I found a glaring mistake a few rows down and had to fix it. I contemplated dropping down the errant stitches, but there was too big of a mess so I took out the needles (size 0 circs) and began to knit back. As I grabbed the second circular, the whole needle came undone. The cord had come unattached from the needle. I usually have a plethora of extra circulars in all sizes. The exception to this seems to be size 0. I shoved the cord back into the needle and will attempt to super glue it later. For now, I can use it to pick up the 66 stitches needed back unto a needle. The yarn is also a little on the splitty side, so that will made it all the more fun.
On the plus side, I've really enjoyed knitting this pattern. The construction is very interesting, and I can't wait for the book to come out to try some of the other patterns.

2 comments:

Beck said...

Ouch.. that hurts.

Donna said...

Wow! Makes my attempt at the "princess foot" on my swap socks seem pretty insignificant! Good luck!