Wednesday, December 27, 2006

How a Wee Sock is Made




The first thing to do, if you're ever going to make an obscene amount of wee socks, is order some sock yarn. Now the whole point of the wee socks, was to use up some extras I had floating around. But there comes a point when you need some motivation. You could even order that 1 skein that you've been lusting over (or 15 different colors of that one skein). This is yarn pirate w/ tencel. It's name is Hydrangea and I got it from one of my favorite stores: The Loopy Ewe. I got this yarn 3 days after I ordered it! That amazes me alone (The mail in Mississippi is not so stellar, we won't get mail for 3 days and then so much it has to be left on the porch). You wind the yarn in you method of choice, after showing it off to your knitter friends. The knitting a wee sock usually occurs the morning before you have to give them out, along with some cursing. I did spread them out a bit better, but that late night was still there. Of all the wee socks I knit, I have to admit this one was a favorite, along with some Socks That Rock in the Christmas Balls colorway. I'll blog about Christmas later, Have a good one!

No comments: